Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thankful


So many things to be thankful for...this year we spent Thanksgiving with Andy's family. We hit the road on Tuesday to try and avoid the traffic...no luck! Wednesday should have been renamed Electronics Day. With Andy in town his was able to shine in his element...he helped his sister get a computer, his parents a monitor, and even a few Christmas surprises! Thanksgiving Day was full of yummy food, laughter and family. Alli helped Gran with the "most delicious" stuffing with a recipe from her Great-great grandmother. Caden & Papa made a hurtin on some smoked turkey! We all took a walk after lunch and did a little geocaching! Andy even found one that Jane & Dennis had been looking for for months! Go Andy! We earned our pie...take your pick...cherry, pumpkin, chocolate, or pecan! Thanksgiving has always held a special place in my heart. I grew up going to my Grandmothers with all my aunts, uncles and cousins. I feel so lucky to be able to go visit my Aunt Frances and other family since they live right around the corner from my in-laws. It was early to bed for me! Another tradition...Black Friday! I headed out on my own at 4:30am to take on the stores! I had so much fun & Scored 6 door-busters! The rest of the crew joined me for some deals of their own! Unfortunately, Dennis came down with the flu but the rest of us stayed healthy! What a wonderful Thanksgiving.










No comments: