Friday, October 9, 2009
Mr. Fixit!
For those of you that have been to our home you may remember the bench that is in our family room. It was built by my great- uncle long before I was born. Well on Wednesday night I saw that said bench had been moved & was upside down on the floor. The kids love to play tent and often use this bench so I thought nothing of it. In fact I also overlooked a few other things on the floor before heading up to tuck them into bed. When I made my way back down stairs and tried to turn over the bench...the leg fell off! Right into my hand. So I headed to confront the two children that might know what happened & to be honest I wasn't too happy that they had kept it from me! Then Caden said "Don't be mad mom, I knew you would be upset so I already fixed it!" How? I thanked him & reassured him he was not in trouble for keeping this from me & headed down stairs to investigate! In the midst of hurrying up stairs I stepped over the purple glue stick & fan! So sweet he was trying to glue the leg back on the bench with a glue stick! At least he tried! Maybe some wood glue will be in order!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Had fun catching up on your blog! Looks like the mountain trip was fun.
Leave it to Caden to take care of business. Glue sticks are pretty all purpose at elementary school so I can see why he reached for the trusted tool. Pat yourself on the back for raising a boy who sees a problem and does what he can to help :)
I have read our blog, just letting you know!! Paul said if Caden can do that we know he is a pretty smart kid!
Post a Comment