The song Cinderella came on and both of my kids burst into song. I couldn't help but tear up, most of you know of the tragedy of Maria Sue Chapman three weeks ago. (http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/) Having a 5 year old daughter this hits very close to home...Caden asked me why I was crying. I told him I was sad for the Chapmans and what happened to Maria. Alli said " we should pray for them", so we did. Caden said "mom don't be said it is kind of funny". Shocked I looked at him trying to find out why he could find humor in this tragedy. He said "it is so cool, just like the song...Maria is with the Prince...in fact the Perfect Prince" My heart smiled...we must be doing something right. Maria is in fact with the Prince of Peace!
Sometimes I forget these sweet moments. I get bogged down with laundry, clutter or the exhausted mom moments. I listen to the kids jumping on the trampoline and playing with each other and then I heard the song "One Heartbeat". What encouragement for me and hopefully for you!
So you fall into bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Oh, maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgottenYou,
you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
With every "I know you can do it"
Every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain over time
They become a river
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out Kim! And what a sweet son you have. Kids just have the greatest insight sometimes!
Love ya!
Post a Comment