I feel truely blessed to have Rachel as my friend and neighbor! As I think back about what this past year has been like for her I am humbled at how she has handled and beaten breast cancer! Her hope was in Jesus! It would have been easy to be angry and mad at God but throughout this year Rachel chose joy!
She and I had a wonderful opportunity to attend Whole Woman Day at Providence... we felt like college students...with breaks in between sessions spent chatting in the courtyard. The speaker was Mary Kassian who I have done two of her Bible Studies and really got a lot out of them. I would encourage any of you to do them if you are in the market for a good summer study!
The following weekend I was able to go with my old Sunday School Class on their girl's getaway to Cherry Grove. A weekend away encouraging each other, laughing, sunning, shopping, sharing and eating! I learned a lot about Twilight which I have yet to read but plan too! Thank you to all of you ladies in Route 66...you are amazing women and I can't wait to see what God does through you in the women's ministry!
One last shout out to JVS! I love our quick phonecalls and chats...thank you for always having an ear to listen to me no matter what I am chatting about! God puts friends in your path sometimes for just a short while but there are few who will be around for the long haul! Thanks girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aw, thanks! I am blessed to have you as a friend too! It was a great weekend at WWD! So glad we got to go together! Love you my friend! :)
I count it a true privilege to call you my friend. You bring such joy wherever you are!
A true gift!
Love you too! Glad that we have each other for phone chats and 'sweet tea' visits...okay, well I drink the sweet tea! thanks for being such an awesome friend...hard to believe it's been almost 10 years now? i try to remember what it was like in the early years (pre-kids)...remember when we could actually sleepover if we wanted to? ;)
Re: Twilight...I read all four of them in about 8 days. It's not heavy, mentally-stimulating reading, but it is fun fluff!
Post a Comment