I know I owe my faithful few some photos of swimming & the beach but my computer died! Yes it is in surgery now and I am waiting on the results. My laptop is only 4 months old so I am headed straight to Best Buy once my data is recovered! Frustrating...to say the least! So I need a pick-me-up this morning and my daughter came through! During my morning procrastination computer time I found this email from Alli's teacher...
Mrs. Moore,
Since we are talking about families this week, I started off by saying that some families are big, some small, some have different traditions and customs due to where they grew up and where your parents are from depending on their country. One child spoke up and agreed with me because his family is from India. Another student talked about the food her mom makes since she grew up in the Philllippines and then Alli raised her hand to speak,
Alli: "Well Mrs. Pfanmiller, my dad grew up where the newest Hannah Montanna" movie was shot..you know, where there are lots of horses!???!"
Mrs. P. : "Sorry Alli, I haven't yet seen that movie, but I'm pretty sure he grew up here in America."
I went on to explain that even here in the US we can still have different traditions, but we tend to notice them more when a person/family is linked to another country.
Alli: "I just thought of the name of the country!...it just came to me!!....He is from Tennessee!!!" Gotta love her!
Yes we do! She is always thinking! I love hearing these stories. Thanks Mrs. P for sharing them with me! We feel so blessed to have a teacher that loves/gets our little gator!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Too funny!
And I hope your computer feels better soon!!
Silly Alli!
Oh man, that's a bummer about your laptop. Sorry to hear that! I'm really hoping that you have your Disney pages on a backup drive?!
I think I would die without my computer, sad but true. That is too cute of Alli, little kids say the craziest things. Thanks for sharing.
I'm so glad that Mrs. P shares these stories with you....they are priceless. I love you, Alli!
Love, Ya Ya
Post a Comment