Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is procrastination hereditary?

According to Websters'
pro·cras·ti·nate \prə-ˈkras-tə-ˌnāt, prō-\ verb : to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done

Well I don't know how I thought our kids would miss this one but both Andy and I are true procrastinators! For me one word...LAUNDRY! Anyway...now that Caden is in 1st grade and doing homework, we have tried to do it on the weekend once it is sent home so we have it done by the following Friday. So far so good...until the science project! On Friday I read the worksheet and passed it on to Andy for his expertise on a Venn Diagram. First let me take a moment to say thank you to Grandma Julie ( Noah's grandmother ) for talking with me about it on Wednesday before the kids got off the bus! Now I knew it was due on Thursday...I just didn't realize how much work it was going to take. After all the Math worksheets only take a few minutes so I thought the Science one would just take a few more! Well I obviously didn't take into account all the writing and I also missed the part about it not being a worksheet but rather a poster! Needless to say Caden did the entire project...we did have the option to cut out photos or draw them to add to the presentation. Thanks to Creative Memories...I pulled out my sticker collection and Caden was in business! Here is the finished project. He did a great job and got a 4! Way to go!

No comments: