Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

What a special day! Caden & about 30 others were going to be baptized. Before they got in the pool, Pastor Horner reminded us about the meaning and significance of baptism. He explained how baptism is not simply Jesus washing away our sins but that we must symbolically go through Jesus' death, burial and resurection.
The clouds were rolling in fast but just before the thunder boomed our pastor baptized Caden!
Just as Christ experienced death on the Cross, we as Christians must die to our sins.
In the same way that Jesus went down into the grave we must go down into the water to represent our death to sin and burial of our old self.
Paul says it best in Romans 6 "We were therefore buried with Him through baptism, into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the Glory of the Father, we too may live a new life"
"...therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
Thanks to all of our family and friends that were able to join us for this special day!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

How special & what great pictures you go! I'm sorry I couldn't make it when several of "our" little ones were getting baptized...

Carolyn said...

This was a beautiful experience for all present & I'm glad that I got to be a part of Caden's Special Day! Love, YaYa