Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stoplights...

Life can change at a stoplight. I am sad to share that last week one of my parent's best friends died. Seems a valve in his heart ruptured he collapsed and was brought back by EMS. It was a long weekend at the hospital...lots of prayers...but it was his time.

We don't always know why things happen but we do know that God is in control. He knows what is going to happen before it does and I believe that He is always watching over us. It is sometimes hard to find the positive in such a tragedy. But we must look to the blessings...Mr. A. had someone else in the car with him... he was at a stoplight...it could have been so much worse.

His funeral was lighthearted and full of laughter... just like him. The preacher did miss a wonderful opportunity to share the gospel with all of the attendees. I feel like it is the best time to share about God's grace. Eternity is a long time... I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christ died for me & has a place for me in Heaven... My prayer is that He has a place for you too!

On a lighter note... while waiting to go to school on Tuesday, Alli asked me to tell YaYa & Granddaddy that she was sorry for not being able to go to the service for Mr. A but "it would all be ok and she would say a prayer for them". So sweet I told her. I love seeing this kind heart grow in my little girl. Then Caden spoke up..."Mom, tell Granddaddy to just lett'r rip!" "What?" I exclaimed! You know Rest In Peace! I giggled! That is the difference between a 7 year old girl & a 9 year old boy!

So remember life can change at a stoplight! Tell those that you love them that you do & if you aren't certain you are heaven bound...Let's chat!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanks so much for the lighter side of this week. It made me laugh and made me thank God that HE is ALWAYS taking care of us!
Love, YaYa

Rachel said...

Great post Kim! Thanks for standing up for the gospel! Mr. A sounds like a great man. So glad his life was able to be
"celebrated" by so many. I know he will be greatly missed, especially by your mom and Tom.