This post comes with a warning...I have the best husband in the world...once you hear this story please do not get upset with your man...It began on a Friday afternoon when my friend Martha called me and asked if Andy or I could drive her to the airport on Sunday morning for an early flight. Andy had already mentioned that he had to work on a server for a client on Saturday night so that meant I would be driving her. No problem. My alarm was set for 5am. I got up & then went downstairs to wake up a little before going to get her. I didn't want to fall asleep on the job! Andy was still asleep but while I was trying to wake up, he came down to get some water. A hug & kiss later and I was off to get Martha. I arrived in her driveway at 5:15 and wait for her to come out...10 minutes later I decide to call since I didn't want her to miss her flight. She answers...Yikes...she overslept! I went inside to wait & text Andy to let him know I would be a little longer (didn't want him to worry!). About 10 minutes later after finding her cell phone charger...she hands me her suitcase & we are off to the airport!
We arrive at the terminal and she says "hey look it's Andy". For a split second I freak out....what was wrong???...why was he here was it the kids? (They had spent the night with YaYa & Granddaddy). Then I see our luggage...it still doesn't click...Martha asks me for my keys...she is going to drive my car...Andy tells me we are going on vacation...it still didn't sink in...Martha took off in the car...Andy & I headed to check-in!
He had planned this entire surprise vacation! Down to every detail! He packed for me & himself & even for the kids that were staying the week with YaYa & Granddaddy! I spent the entire first flight asking " What about blah blah blah or did you remember blah? The question many of you are asking...did he forget anything? No he didn't! He had every detail covered...he had been planning this for months! For weeks after I would take off an outfit he would go & take a photo of it so he knew what I liked to wear together. He also got so clever to get Rachel in on the secret. She told me she wanted to go shopping for her vacation. Of course I found some things for myself...pretty sneaky! He & Caden even went shopping for a few new things that he thought I might need!
We were headed to St. Lucia...WHAT???...over a year ago when I was scrapbooking at Nancy's a fellow scrapper mentioned this amazing place that she & her husband stayed in St. Lucia. We looked it up and put it on the maybe someday list! Well it was now someday!
I later find out that many folks were in on the secret! Nicole knew but still agreed to babysit, my Pilate's instructor said she see me Monday, Rachel made plans with me for lunch on Sunday, Martha didn't have to travel to Miami, Renee her husband wasn't really at work and couldn't take her to the airport...he was taking Andy! Caden kissed me goodnight on Saturday & asked if we could go to the pool on Sunday...and YaYa & Granddaddy told me they had a really busy week and I might not see them!
While in the airport and still in shock...I knew where we were going in St. Lucia and that they didn't have TV. I told him I needed to get some magazines or a book. He said "Don't worry...I packed your book & maybe you could use this...out of his bag he hands me my own Ipad! A pink case and everything! He had already loaded it with movies, and books and even my music! What did I do to deserve this amazing man??? On the Sunday after our week long trip we celebrated 12 years of marriage! We put together this video on the plane ride home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm speechless! Maybe our husbands could meet for lunch one day to talk business (same career field ya know) and your husband "just happen" to kinda mention all this....we celebrate 10 yrs next June. Ha ha! So glad you had such a great anniversary!!!!
This story brings tears of happiness to my eyes every time I hear it! You are both so lucky to have each other! I love you both! Love, Mom
Kim,
What an incredible surprise- pat Andy on the back for me. That might be the best surprise I have ever heard. The two of you look great- looks like life is treating you well. Hugs to the kiddos.
Alexis
Post a Comment