Sunday, December 14, 2008

Visiting the Big Apple- Day 1

Many of you know our friends and next door neighbors the Treichlers. As mentioned in some of my previous posts, last March Rachel was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. I am happy to report with much joy that Rachel is now Cancer free! In celebration they asked our family to join them in New York City. Since they were driving up to Ryan's parents and taking the train...our trip to NYC began with an early morning flight. We caught a cab and headed straight for the hotel, fortunately our room was ready at 9am so we were able to check-in. Of course it was fitting that we had rooms next door to each other! It was so cool...we enjoyed warm chocolate chip cookies and looked out our window and the Coke sign in time square! It didn't take long and Alli was ready to hit the American Girl Store...YaYa & Granddaddy gave her a doll for her birthday this year. Getting to select her at the store was amazing. She selected Kit and two dogs...Grace & Coconut. We met up with the Treichlers and headed to lunch...Cafe' Metro! Rachel's favorite...it was yummy! After lunch we took a cab up to Central Park and walked around. The kids loved running in the rain. It started to pour so we made our way to FAO. This place was magical! We had a "Big" moment on the piano & stopped in for dinner at a local diner. After walking by the big tree at Rockefeller Center it was time for gifts...Early Christmas gifts for the kids...Pink Princess pajamas for Emma, Matching Mario pajamas for Caden & Noah and some American girl pjs for Alli & Kit! What a 1st day!


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love these pictures in NYC! It is so nice to have you back blogging...I've missed it. Love, Mom

Rachel said...

Great job on getting so many pictures into the blog! I hate uploading pics, it takes forever. Love the synopsis! I wish it hadn't gone by so fast! I'm already looking forward to going back one day! :)