Friday, June 25, 2010

Out of this World Cruise



During the kids Winter break we packed our bags and headed south! After a long drive we met our friends The Swopes for dinner. Funny we can't seem to meet up with them at home for dinner but we do travel dine often! Our next adventure was to the Kennedy Space Center. It was our first time & the kids really seemed to enjoy it. We watched an Imax movie while eating "space dots" and astronaut icecream. The next morning we were cruise bound! Our friends the McGees went with us on the trip. We have known them since Andy & I were dating. I could post hundreds of photos and someday I hope to post some of my digital scrapbook pages. But for now let me sum it up by saying the kids loved...no LOVED the all you can eat ice cream by the pool! They started out not so great but now I know Caden could work at Dairy Queen or McDonalds with the perfected cone twist!
Stop 1 Labadee, Haiti
Relaxing on the beach, playing in the water & shopping in the markets....a full fun day. We left with a bit of pink on our cheeks and new bracelets, whistles, handcarved bowls & a gecko (metal of course!)
Stop 2 Ochos Rios, Jamaica
We had hoped to take the kids to climb Dunns River Falls...but the rain got there first! So our driver took us to see a Jamaican Sneak Peak...literally a hole in the wall to see the falls! We drove through Fern Gully & called it a day.
Stop 3 Grand Caymens
Certainly one of the big highlights of the trip we headed out on a chartered boat to Stingray City. Though a little scared at first we all jumped right in and fed the stingrays and even shared a smooch!
Stop 4 Cozumel, Mexico
Playing on the beach & building a seaweed inspired cake was all the kids needed to enjoy Mexico! Since the winds we stronger than normal we headed back to the ship early & then went shopping downtown. Alli & Sydney got beautiful braids!
A few days at sea and our cruise was complete. I hope to post more photos later. Now I think the kids are as hooked on cruising as their father!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yep, I am a CRUISE ADDICT! What an expensive hobby! :) But for everything all-you-can-eat the $$ is a good deal. We went to Jamaica and Grand Cayman in March on our cruise. Great times!

I've missed reading your posts!
Welcome Back to the BlogWorld!