Friday, June 25, 2010

Tuesday = Moore Celebrating

It's a Moore tradition...dinner at Kemps...nothing says celebrating the birth of our Lord & Savior like fried shrimp & hush puppies! After dinner we headed back to our house to exchange some goodies. This year Anna did some shopping on her own...it was such a joy to see her joy as she passed out her purchases. Like Anna, each year we take the kids shopping to the dollar store & let them pick out something for everyone on their list. We thought this year they would like to try something new so we headed to Palsy's Popcorn Shop. It took a while but with lots of thought...Caden & Alli selected the following...
PaPa~ Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
Gran~ Maryland Crab cake Popcorn
Aunt Amy & Anna ~ Cinnamon Toast Popcorn
Aunt Ishe ~ 5 Alarm Popcorn
Uncle Ron ~ Dill Pickle Popcorn
Who knew we would have so much fun trying all the different flavors?! However the kids also wanted to go shopping for each member...so off we went. A little trash can for Aunt Amy (to put trash in while scrapbooking), Modeling clay for Uncle Ron, Dominoes for PaPa, a magnet for Gran, tambourine for Anna and last but not least... a tortilla warmer for Aunt Ishe! When I rounded the corner at the dollar store I heard Alli exclaim..."This will be perfect for Aunt Ishe" to which I replied "why?" .... loudly Alli stated "Because she loves Mexicans!" I couldn't help but laugh...."You mean Mexican food?", "Yes, she loves Mexicans, queso, tacos, quesadillas!"
I am proud to report that since the taking of this photo...
the parties above have lost over 200 lbs!

No comments: